Job Opening: Legal Counsel
Terrestrial Energy USA Inc. is developing the Integral Molten Salt Reactor nuclear power plant (IMSR®) for US deployment with a program focused on US NRC and National Laboratory engagement.
IMSR® uses a molten salt reactor technology, a Generation IV technology within a proprietary reactor design. It represents true innovation for cost advantage, versatility and functionality of nuclear power generation. IMSR® power plants will provide zero-carbon, reliable, dispatchable, cost-competitive electric power and high-grade industrial heat for use in many industrial applications, such as chemical synthesis and desalination, and in so doing extend the application of nuclear energy beyond electric power markets. IMSR® power plant deployment will support rapid global decarbonization of the primary energy system by displacing fossil fuel combustion across a broad spectrum.
The Company is currently engaged with the US DOE, US NRC, national laboratories, electric power utilities and industrial partners as it develops its plans for first deployment. To execute this plan, the Company is seeking to grow its team and add talented individuals who will:
- improve the team by adding diverse perspectives and innovative ways of problem solving
- have previously demonstrated exceptional results
- be a team player with the ability to collaborate closely and interact with other groups
- be flexible, adaptable to change and task focused
- have skills and experiences relevant to the following role:
Simon Irish, Chief Executive Officer
North Carolina or Connecticut. Remote working arrangements will be considered.
The Legal Counsel, under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, will be responsible for advising, supporting, coordinating, and executing the Company’s commercial arrangements, and specific responsibilities may include:
- Negotiating commercial agreements
- Advising on Intellectual Property issues
- Negotiating agreements, including CRADA’s, SPP’s, Co-operative Agreements and Assistance Agreements
In addition, Counsel will support General Counsel, Terrestrial Energy, as required and consonant with applicable law on general legal matters arising.
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial law
- Drafting a wide variety of agreements
- Graduate (Bachelor’s or Master’s level)
- Called to New York or other relevant State Bar.
- 4 years of work experience in a strong advisory commercial legal practice
- Ability to build and sustain strong working relationships, both within and external to the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Computer proficiency and ability to pick up new software quickly.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience of DOE grant programs
- Energy industry experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Terrestrial Energy USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.